Proper laundry facilities are an important part of planning and maintaining multi-unit housing. Many tenants need and look for laundry facilities when considering housing, and convenient facilities often impact their leasing decisions. Having an on-premise laundry can make a great impact in attracting and keeping tenants and can also be a valuable source of additional revenue!
MULTI-HOUSING EQUIPMENT MAYTAG
For over 100 years, the name has stood for something that’s as important today as it ever was: dependability. In fact, we’ve never strayed from a focus on better-built equipment that delivers remarkable reliability, day after day. We’ve also never been more serious about making sure every part—whether it’s a door, drum or drive shaft—is up to the job.
MULTI-HOUSING EQUIPMENT WHIRLPOOL
2013 Energy Compliant Factory Top Load Washer
- 9 cu. ft. wash basket.
- Porcelain top and lid, rust-proof stainless steel torx control panel security screws.
- Belt drive system helps reduce downtime for residents while increasing profits for property owners.
- Overload protector, separate temperature control and automatic load sensing ensures optimal consistency wash after wash.
- Balance ring adapter with a clothes guard for superior protection.
- Industrial strength water inlet hoses.
- Ergonomic control knobs.
2007 Federal Energy Compliant Mechanical Metered Washer
- Installed with a $1.50 factory coin slide and coin box.
- 2 cu. ft. basket.
- Automatic electronic temperature controlled regular and gentle cycles for optimal efficiency and performance.
- High speed spin on all cycles to help reduce dryer time.
- Powdered paint top lid and wrap cabinet.
- Serviceable from the top and bottom.
- 1/2 HP motor with built-in overload protector for enhanced safety.
- Includes commercial grade water inlet hoses and polypropylene drain and hose.
27" High Efficiency Front-Load Commercial Wash
- CEE Tier II and Energy Star qualified.
- High Speed Spin significantly reduces dry time.
- Coin slide, coin drop, card and non-coin payment compatible.
- Combination for three cycles and three temperature options.
- Automatic water level sensing control for optimal efficiency and performance wash to wash.
- Microprocessor controls with time remaining display.
- Automatic detergent softener and bleach dispenser.
- Durable industrial grade cabinet and top with integrated backsplash.
Electric and Gas Dryers
- High velocity airflow system delivers great drying performance venting up to 100 ft.
- Reversible door with heavy-duty hinges to accommodate all multi-housing laundry room layouts.
- 1/3 HP motor with built-in overload protector.
- Heats with either 24 BTU burner or electric heating element – 5,600 watts and 240V.
- 7 drum capacity allows large loads to tumble and spread helping reduce drying time.
- Four-way venting.
- Four roller suspension with permanently lubricated bearings.
Electric and Gas Stack Dryers
- Can be used with coin slide, coin drop or card reader payments.
- Large glass doors standard.
- Powdered paint top and cabinet.
- Heats with either two elements rated at 5600 watts and 240V OR 120V, 60Hz and 15A circuit breaker branch.
- 2 Motors 1/3 HP with built-in overload protector.
- Upper dryer has 3-way venting while the lower dryer offers 4-way multi-vent options.
Energy Efficient Electric and Gas Washer/Dryer
- CEE Tier II and Energy Star qualified.
- 2 cu. ft. capacity washer and 6.7 cu. ft. capacity dryer.
- Maximum spin speeds extract more water for shorter dry times.
- Stainless steel wash basket.
- Microprocessor control are easy to program and the Simple On-Touch Cycle selection is user-friendly for residents.
- Coin-drop, card reader and non-coin payment compatible.
Large Apartment Facilities
Large apartment structures house many residents in a small space, and laundry facilities are very important in making your guests feel at home. For bigger apartment facilities, Dexter recommends a central laundry located on the main floor of your structure with one Dexter washer and one Dexter dryer for every 20 units.
High-rise apartments are very common and popular. Depending upon the height of the structure, the laundry can be concentrated in one large area or in several smaller locations throughout the building. One Dexter washer and one dryer are recommended for every 20 units.
Small, Low-Rise, or Garden Apartments Complexes
For these smaller housing facilities, laundry locations can vary by layout but are usually located in convenient common areas. One Dexter washer and one Dexter dryer pair are recommended for every 8 to 12 apartment units.
Condos, Co-ops, Senior Centers, Assisted Living, and Communal Living
For planned communities, centralized laundry rooms or small laundry areas with matching washers and dryers are the most common. Usually, these establishments are amenity-oriented, offering folding tables and vending machines for the tenants’ convenience. One Dexter washer and one Dexter dryer are recommended for every 8 to 12 residences.
Military Housing, Dorms, and Barracks
Dexter washers are found on military bases worldwide and are popular on bases, ships, and barracks for their heavy-duty design and durability. Small laundry areas or larger central laundries both work in this type of facility depending on layout. Non-metered equipment is usually required. One washer and one dryer set are recommended for every 20 military personnel.
University Dorms, Residence Halls, and Student Apartment Complexes
Student housing involves many people in small quarters, and central laundry rooms are both a convenience and a necessity. Many of these residents are doing their own laundry for the first time. Dexter is popular with these customers because its machines are easy to use. For student residence halls and dorms, one washer and one dryer are recommended for every 30 to 40 students.
Guest Laundry (Ideal for Marinas, Campgrounds, Truck Stops, Etc.)
These guests are on the go and chances are, they have laundry with them that they need to clean. By putting in an on-site guest laundry, you are providing an attractive service that helps draw more visitors to your location. This is a valuable source of additional revenue. Ask your Dexter Authorized Distributor about how multi-housing laundry equipment can improve your business.